Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Two: The Perfect Gift.

We got home at a decent hour, so Jesse and I decided to watch Holes. Oh Shia, you are so beautiful. After it was over I headed up to my room, but as I lay there, staring out my glass ceiling, I couldn't fall asleep. I layed there for four hours and I could only think about why Nick could possibly be ignoring me. I picked my phone up off the charger and decided since it was three AM I probably wouldn't get an answer but it was worth a shot.

To Joe

Hey, question.

Surprisingly, I got a reply.

From Joe

Yes?

To Joe

Why does Nick ignore me?

From Joe

Honestly idk, but he's a fool for ignoring someone as beautiful as you.

I could feel my face heating up.

To Joe

Okay, thanks anyway Joe. You're amazing.

From Joe

So I've been told.

To Joe

Goodnight Joseph.

From Joe

You too.

Finally I was able to fall asleep. The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon. I walked groggily down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Smells good Clive." But to my surprise I found Jesse cooking and the Jonas boys sitting at my kitchen table. Boy was I regretting not looking in the mirror.

"Good morning Charlie." Kevin greeted.

"Hello boys." I took a seat in my usual chair.

"So Charlie, I was thinking a relaxing day at the mall?"

"Sounds good. Will you boys be joining?" I asked the Jonai.

"Wouldn't miss it." Joe spoke.

I ate my breakfast and then went upstairs to get ready. Today my outfit consisted of a black and white baseball tee with a picture of Elvis Costello on it, Urban Outfitters Jeans and Abercrombie flip flops. I showered quickly, dressed and headed back downstairs.

The boys hadn't moved an inch from where I left them. Only now Nick had a glass of juice in front of him.

"Ready?" Jesse asked.

"Yup." I put on my Ray Bans and headed out the door, boys in tow.

"Shotgun." Kevin called running to the car.

"Cool glasses Charlie. Can I see them?" Joe asked.

"Sure." I took them off and handed them to Joe. He put them on and turned to me for my opinion.

"They look awesome."

"Nick, Kev, these could be like our trademark thing. We should each get a pair.

Joe recieved a sure and an okay from each of his brothers.

"How much were they?" He turned back to me.

"One twenty six."

"Well then I guess we will be waiting until we're rich and famous."

This gave me an idea. We got to the mall and I told Jesse there was something I had o do. I had half an hour to get done and meet them back at the food court.

I ran to Solstice and loked for my favorite guy.

"Ricky!" I shouted when I saw him.

"Hello Charlotte." Ricky was one of my friends brothers. He always gave me a deal.

"I need help."

"Lots of it. I have the number of a good therapist if you'd like it."

"Shut up. I need three pairs of Ray Ban Wayfarers. Any color. Can you help me?"

"I'll go look in the back. Give me five minutes."

I waited impatiently until he came back with three silver boxes.

"Is red, black and white okay?"

"Perfect."

"Three hundred."

"Shouldn't it be more?"

"Do you want a deal or not?"

"I owe you one."

"I'll hold you to that."

I handed him my card and when he handed it back along with my purchases I checked my phone. I had three minutes to make it across the mall. I bolted out of the store and began running like a lunatic through the mall. Note to Self: Flip Flops + Mall = FAIL.

I spotted them at table and stopped to catch my breath.

"Hey guys." I finally approached them.

"You okay?" Jesse asked.

"Fine."

We began walking through the mall towards American Apparel. Somehow Nick and I wound up at the back of the pack.

"I like your shirt." He said after what felt like the longest silence ever.

"Thanks."

"You like Elvis Costello?"

"Yeah. He's cool. One of my favorites."

"Me too."

This wound up being the spark to our friendship. We wound up revealing our lives to each other in that one short afternoon.

Once we got home from dropping off the boys I had lots of work. I found tape, scissors and wrapping paper. I wrapped each pair of glasses and something extra for Nick. Thank God I had an extra of these.

"Charlie. Can I come in." Jesse said from outside my door.

"Sure."

"Wanna go to the Jonas' for dinner?"

Perfect.

"Yeah."

"Okay, get ready quick."

Shower, check. Outfit, check. I decided on a plaid shirt, skinny jeans and converses. Hair, good enough.

When we got to the Jonai residence Denise invited us inside.

"Nick, Joe, Kevin and Frankie. Come up here!" The all barrelled up from the basement. Since Nick and I now talked, he joined the hugging madness.

"Dinner isn't ready yet. Someone give Charlotte and Jesse a tour."

"I will." Nick piped up. I took careful mind notes as Nick explained the living room, dining room, bathroom, Paul's office, and the three upstairs bedroom and one upstairs bathroom. And my personal favorite room. The music room. Inside was a beautiful black baby grand piano. It was gorgeous.

We went downstairs just as Denise was about to call us for dinner.

"Denise, this is delicous."

"Thank you Charlie."

"So what are your parents in Texas for?" Paul asked.

"Well my dad is part owner of the Dallas Cowboys so he likes to go down and watch them during pre-season."

"Are you serious!?" Nick shouted.

"What?"

"That's my favorite team."

"Mine too."

I had to do this sometime. I excused myself from the bathroom and went upstairs. I placed each boys gift on his bed.

NICKS POV


After Jesse and Charlie left my brothers and I helped my parents clean. We then went up to my room to play some video games. I was surprised to see gifts on my bed. Kevin and Joe immediately went to check if they had gotten anything. They both returned, box in hand. Each box had a card attached.

"Card first?" I asked. They both nodded in agreement.

On the inside of our cards it said the same thing.

I believe in you.
You deserve these.
xo Charlie.


We all ripped off the red wrapping paper to reveal silver boxes with the words Ray Ban across the front.

"She didn't." Kevin said.

"Oh yes she did." Joe said pulling a pair of white sunglasses from his box.

Kevin and I did the same. Mine were red and Kevin's were black.

"Nick what's in your other box?" Joe asked.

"Oh I totally forgot." I unwrapped it and opened it. There was a not on top.

Hope you like it. Hope it fits. PS It's not mine.

I unfolded the tissue paper to reveal a black and white baseball tee with a picture of Elvis Costello on it. I loved it. I tried it on and it was a little big. Perfect, even if I grew it would still fit. How could we ever repay her for this.

"Wow." Was the only word my mouth could form.

No comments:

Post a Comment