Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter One: The First Meeting.

by peacelovesamantha

"Charlotte we're leaving. Come see us off." My mother bellowed up the stairs.

I slowly walked down the stairs to make sure I didn't fall. Not that it would be anything new. I enveloped my parents both into a huge hug. They were going on their annual trip to Dallas. My dad was part owner of the Dallas Cowboys, so every year they went down during pre-season. This year, I opted to stay home.

Maybe I should give you some background information. My name is Charlotte Skye Calderbrooke, I'm almost fourteen and I call the 90210 home. My father, Devin Calderbrooke, is the talent scout for Hollywood Records. It's basically his choice whether or not you get signed. So naturally I know lots of famous people.

Being thirteen and a half my parents felt I couldn't stay alone. So my cousin Jesse would be staying at our house. He's a well known musician with hits like Beautiful Soul and She's No You. Yeah, Jesse McCartney is my cousin. But that's nothing special when you live the life I do.

Just as my parents were about to leave the doorbell rang and Clark, our butler, opened the door to reveal Jesse.

"Charlie!" He ran straight at me, embracing me in one of his famous bear hugs.

"Jesse, it's been too long."

"It has, which is why I've planned something super fun for tonight."

"You two can talk about this after we leave but come give us hugs Jesse." My mother interjected.

Jesse went over to hug my mother and father and then they were off.

"So Jesse, what's on the agenda for tonight?" I excitedly inquired.

"Well as you know, I was just on tour. And I had this cool band open up for me. And tonight they're playing a small show here in California. I thought we could check that out."

"That sounds awesome. What band?"

"The Jonas Brothers. They're these three guys from Jersey."

"Never heard of them."

"Not many people have. It's going to be a small show. Not many fans."

"Okay, but can we grab something to eat before we go?"

"Sure, go get ready then we'll head out."

I ran upstairs showered quickly and headed to my closet, which is the size of most peoples bedrooms. I decided on a leather jacket, white tank top, skinny jeans and converses. Perfect. I let my hair dry naturally because that's how it looks best. (Picture it like Miley's hair.)

I took the steps carefully but two at a time. Jesse and I hopped into his car and he started to look through the center console for something.

"What are you looking for?"

"These." He said pulling out two cd cases.

"It's About Time?"

"It's the Jonases cd. I got you one."

"Thanks Jess."

He popped his cd in and clicked forward to a different track. A poppy upbeat tune began to play.

Mandy used to be that girl. The one who never said a word. But she only sang, S Club 7 and all those boy bands.

I actually liked this song. We decided on sushi and over the time it took for us to drive to dinner and then to the venue we listened to the cd four times. I had every word to every song memorized. We got to the small venue at six thirty and the show was set to start at seven. Jesse immediately got us to the front row. He was right when he said it would be a small audience. There was only about forty or so people. Including stage crew and band members. No wonder Jesse wasn't worried about having security with him. At the front he introduced me to someone he had met on the road.

"Charlie, this is Mandy."

"As in Mandy always laughs when I act stupid?"

"That's me." She shook my hand.

"It's so nice to meet you."

"You too. And may I say I love your name."

"Thanks."

Then three boys walked onstage.

"Hello I'm Kevin." The oldest began.
"And I'm Joe." Said the next.
"And I'm Nick." Finished the youngest, and in my opinion cutest one.

Then in unison, "and we're the Jonas Brothers."

"We'd like to thank you all for coming out to support us." Kevin continued.

"We'd like to kick things off with a song we hope you all know the words to." Joe said before the tune of Year 3000 started.

My guess was Joe was the frontman. Throughout the show he wowed the crowd with his high kicks and awesome dancing. Then to my surprise the boys invited Jesse on stage to sing Beautiful Soul. After the show Jesse and I were invited backstage. We got back there and the boys were signing autographs for fans.

"Jesse man, thanks for coming." Kevin greeted my cousin with a man hug.

"And who is this pretty girl." Joe added causing me to blush.

"Oh, this is my cousin Charlotte."

"Well Charlotte it's a pleasure to meet you." Kevin and Joe shook my hand.

"You can call me Charlie. And it's so nice to meet you guys too. You put on a great show."

"Well thank you Charlie."

"Um do you think you could sign this for me?" I asked pulling my cd out of my cross the body Fendi bag.

"We'd love to." Kevin pulled a sharpie from his back pocket. He signed, then Joe and finally Nick who I just realized hasn't said one word. He handed it back to me with a shy smile.

"Thank you guys."

"Anytime."

Just then a woman and man entered the room with a small boy trailing behind.

"Jesse, it's so good to see you again." The woman hugged my cousin.

"Denise, Paul, it's good to see you too. And Tank ya look good." My cousin added the last bit as he looked at the sleepy little boy.

"And who is this lovely lady." The man my cousin called Paul asked.

"This is my cousin Charlie. Charlie this is Denise and Paul, the boys parents. And over there is Frank the Tank."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Jonas, Mrs. Jonas." I said their names as I shook their hands.

"Please Denise and Paul." Their mother told me.

"Hey Jesse we're having a barbecue tomorrow. You guys should stop by." Kevin said.

"Oh Kevin honey that's a great idea." Denise said.

"We'd love to." Jesse answered. "We should be heading home, it's getting late and we have a long drive."

"Okay, please be safe. We'll see you tomorrow at eleven. Don't forget your bathing suits." Denise hugged us each.

We headed out to the car and started the drive home. We turned up the radio and began to sing along when Jesse came on. Eventually I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning in my bed, still in my clothes from the night before. Jesse must've carried me up. I'd have to remember to thank him for that later. It was already nine so I only had an hour and a half before we had to leave. I showered then went to my closet to pick an outfit. I decided on a simple black Heidi Klein bikini with a white DKNY cotton coverup. Also a pair of white Marc Jacobs gladiator sandals. I love my style and like to think of myself as a trendsetter, even at such a young age. I put my hair into a ponytail. I packed a royal blue Juicy sweatsuit, a white American Apparel tee, my converses and some other necessities into a black Betsey Johnson tote. I picked up my black Ray Ban Wayfarers from my dresser and placed them atop my head.

"Look who's ready on time." Jesse said when he saw me coming down the stairs.

"Shut up." I laughed and picked up a pillow from the couch and tossed it at his head.

"You ready to head out?"

"Yep." We headed out to Jesse's car and made a quick detour to a bakery and then to Starbucks. We arrived at the Jonas household fifteen minutes later. We walked dessert in hand to the front door. We were taught not to ever show up empty handed hence the desserts. Denise opened the door with a smile on her face.

"So glad you could make it." She continued when she noticed the dessert in our hands. "You didn't have to bring anything."

"It's the least we could do. I said.

"Jesse help me put these in the kitchen." She said taking the desserts from my hands. "Charlie, you can go out through the back doors."

I did as I was told and wound up in the backyard. There I saw Paul, Frankie, Kevin, Joe, Nick and Mandy.

"Hey Charlie!" Joe ran over and picked me up when he saw me."

"Hi Joe." I laughed. I greeted everyone else once he put me down.

We had a great time in the pool and just goofing off all day. Mandy and I became quick friends.

"Dinner's ready." Paul called. We all sat around the outdoor table and louded our plates. Kevin said Grace and we all dug in.

"So what's this barbecue for?" Jesse asked.

"Well tomorrow Mandy's heading back to Jersey." Denise told us.

"Already! But we just met." I was truly upset.

"Don't worry. I'll visit again soon. Or the Jonases can bring you along when they come to Jersey." Mandy comforted me.

After dinner I changed and then the kids went out in the front to play baseball. My team was me , Nick and Joe. The other team, Kevin, Mandy, Jesse and Frankie. It was kind of awkward considering I still hadn't talked to Nick. I kind of felt like he was avoiding me. Even though we were one person down we still won. We ate dessert, then talked a little more. Before Jesse and I headed out, Joe and I exchanged numbers.

"Call me!" Was the last thing Joe said before we left.
"Or text me!" He yelled as we got into the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment