Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Five: Tragedy Strikes.

When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me..

I ran to my bunk and picked up my phone.

"Hola, mamacita!"

"Hello Charlotte, how's the tour?"

"Amazing, wish you were here."

"Well, that's why I'm calling. We're leaving Dallas today and flying out to meet you guys in Miami."

"Oh my goodness, that's great. When does your flight leave?"

"Not for a few hours. Denise and Paul already know. They'll be picking us up because it'll be pretty late, Miami time."

"Okay, can I talk to dad?"

"Sure, hold on a sec."

"Hi Charlotte."

"Hi dad. I was just wondering if maybe when you come you could bring Nick a signed jersey. The Cowboys are his favorite and I've been waiting for a good time to ask."

"Of course Charlotte."

"Okay, see you later dad. Love you. Tell mom I love her too."

"Bye sweetie. Love you too."

That was the last time I ever heard my mother and father's voices. By then it as already 9:45 so I just went to sleep. I remember waking up to the ringing of Denise's phone. Her phone never rang at night. I pressed the send button on my Blackberry and it lit up. 2:43. Who could be calling at 2:43. It was probably my parents. Denise and Paul had probably forgotten to pick them up. But then I heard Denise crying. I peeked my head out of the bunk to see Denise's head on Paul's shoulder. They were both crying by now. Oh God. No. It couldn't be. I quietly hopped out of my bunk and walked to where Denise and Paul were.

"Is everything okay?" My voice shook, still groggy from just waking up.

"Oh Charlotte, please sit down." Denise led me to the kitchen table. "Charlotte, I don't know how to tell you this, but your parents jet crashed. Nobody survived. I'm so sorry." Her voice was still breaking.

I didn't cry. I couldn't. It's just how I was. I never cried when something first hit me. It would catch up with me though.

We had to fly back to California for the funerals and reading of the wills. Sitting in the funeral home was making me miserable.

"Charlie, you'll be okay. We're her for you." Joe said, pulling me into a hug.

"I hope so." I buried my head into his chest.

"Let's go for a walk." Joe put his arm around my shoulders.

"Okay."

We set off, after telling Denise we were leaving. I could see the hurt in Nick's eyes when he realized Joe was the one comforting me, instead of him. As we walked neither of us said a word, which I was grateful for. I knew this would not have been the case with Nick. I just wasn't really in the mood to talk about it. We walked for about half a mile before turning back.

"Joe." I said, breaking the silence.

"Mhhm?" He seemed like he didn't expect me to speak.

"Thank you." I don't think I would've made it this far without him. He was slowly becoming my rock.

When we got back to the funeral home there was about ten new faces. Progressively, more and more people showed up. The next day was the burial and then the reading of the wills. I was left everything, my most favorite piece being a pair of earrings. http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=15946954& amp;mcat=148204&cid=287464&search_params=s+5-p+4-c+287464-r+10 1323352-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ And I, was left to the Jonases. They wound up selling their house and moving into mine, since it was by far much larger. They didn't seem to mind though.

Less than a month later we were back to work. Our record company planed a tour months ago. We refused to back out, we could never let our fans down like that. It was a three month tour. The boys and I would play every show together. Our first show was at the Madison Square Garden. But the day before we had a show a the Izod Center, in the boys hometown of Wyckoff. We arrived at the venue at four o clock to do soundcheck. After that was time for hair, makeup and wardrobe. My outfit consisted of a True Religion leather jacket, a white Urban Outfitters tee, NOBODY black jeans and black Tory Burch boots. The boys looked great in simple tees and skinny jeans. After that we went backstage and played videogames for about 2 hours. Finally it was time for lockdown. It was just the boys and me. I put in my iPod and began to get ready for the biggest show of my life, so far. Forty-five minutes later and it was time for the show to begin. The boys and I peeked our heads out from somewhere we couldn't be seen. Every seat was filled. The crowd was chanting Charlie! Jonas! Charlie! Jonas! I was up first. The lights went out and it was time. I hugged each of the boys and they wished me luck. I waited anxiously. As I began to sing, I was raised through the stage. The crowd went nuts as one single spotlight shined on me.

Sometimes I walk a little faster
In the school hallway just to get next to you
Some days I spend a little extra time
In the morning just to impress you

Guess don't notice, guess you don't need this
Sad, you're not seeing what you're missing
On the outside shyin' away
On the inside dyin' to say

I'm unusual, not so typical
Way too smart to be waiting around
Tai Chi practicing, snowboard champion
I can fix the flat on your car

I might even be a rock star
I might even be a rock star

Sometimes I wish when the phone rings
That it would be you sayin', "Let's hang out"
Then you confess that there's something special
Between us, why don't we find out

You don't even know me, guess you don't need me
Why, you're not seein' what you're missin'
On the outside shyin' away
On the inside dyin' to say

I'm unusual, not so typical
Way too smart to be waiting around
Tai Chi practicing, snowboard champion
I can fix the flat on your car

I might even be a rock star
If you only knew the real me
I might even be a ra-ock star
I'm telling you that we are meant to be

Now wouldn't it be nice if you could see
That I really am a rock star
Yeah yeah, woo
Yeah I really am a rock star

Ha, a rock star

I'm unusual, not so typical
Way too smart to be waiting around
Tai Chi practicing, snowboard champion
I can fix the flat on your car

Rockin' it wherever we are, yeah yeah
'Cause I really am a rock star
'Cause I really am a rock star
I am a rock star, whoa, yeah!


As I finished the song, I spoke to the crowd.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. I hope you have an amazing time."

I continued singing songs from my CD. After the last one a piano was lifted onto the stage.

"This is a new song. Not on any CD's. I went through something devastating recently and this song is the result. Hope y'all like it."

I sat down a the piano, took a deep breath and began to sing.

Sha la la la la
Sha la la la la

You used to call me your angel
Said I was sent straight down from heaven
You'd hold me close in your arms

I loved the way you felt so strong
I never wanted you to leave
I wanted you to stay here holding me


I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you

You used to call me your dreamer
And now I'm living out my dream
Oh how I wish you could see
Everything that's happening for me
I'm thinking back on the past
It's true that time is flying but too fast


I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you

I know you're in a better place, yeah
But I wish that I could see your face, oh
I know you're where you need to be
Even though it's not here with me

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la

I miss you
I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear
Every once in a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
And I need you to know
I miss you, sha la la la la
I miss you


As I finished the song I was overtaken by my emotions. But the crowd loved it, which is all it took to bring a smile to my face.

"Thank you all! I love you!" I said running off the stage.

The boys were waiting for me the second I ran off the stage.

"Charlie that was amazing!" Nick said, hugging me.

"Yeah, they really loved you." Joe was next to hug. Then Kevin.

"You guys will do great. Knock em dead."

"Thanks Charlie." Kevin said before they ran onstage.

I went into the dressing room, showered and then went to watch the boys. They had the crowd just as pumped as I did. They were truly some of the best performers I'd ever seen, besides me of course.

After they finished all of their songs they called me back onstage to take our bows. The crowd went wild. Some people threw flowers onstage.

"Wow, what a rush." Joe said when we were finally offstage.

"You guys did awesome. You looked so happy out there. Like you belong nowhere else."

The boys showered and then we headed out to the bus. We had a little dinner then we all passed out.

The next night we were playing at MSG. I was pumped. This was my home state of New York. I'd been to plenty of concerts here before I moved out to California.

I wore the same outfit I had the night before, and would wear for the rest of the tour. I opened the show with La La Land, then continued with GNO and Trainwreck. After another three songs it was time for the boys to take the stage and for me to get ready for my second performance. The boys played about ten songs and then it was my turn. The tune of Let's Dance began.

The weekends almost done
The moon is low in the sky
I feel like goin out
Before the night passes by
I won't just sit around
When life becomes a drag
I dance


I sang from backstage. Then as the musical interlude began Joe and I walked on stage. We were strictly dance partners. Now I was in a light gray dress with black and dark gray polka dots and black converses.

Joe was my partner for the whole song and the crowd ate it up. The boys did one more song while I did one final change into a plain black tee, jeans and a pair of slouch boots. We closed the show with our duet, We Got The Party. After the show, we got onto the bus. I went on perezhilton.com to get my daily fix. But to my surprise, Joe and I were the headlines.

She's Sixteen Joe!

Could there be something going on between teen popstars Joe Jonas and Charlotte Skye? Except for the age difference, I must say they do make a cute couple. The again, to me Charlotte seems like more of a Nick girl.

At that I closed my white Macbook and took it with me to my bunk. I hopped into my bunk and pulled the curtain closed. I reopened the laptop and continued to read.

At tonight's MSG show Jonas was Charlotte's dance partner for her hit song 'Let's Dance'. Maybe it was just stage chemistry, or maybe the two are closer than we all expected. Whoever she chooses, Charlotte is a wonderful girl and deserves to be treated right. We love you Charlie!

It hasn't even been two hours and our performance is already on Perez.

As the tour went on, rumors of Joe and I continued to fly. We met so many new people on the road. Joe even met his celebrity crush, Camilla Belle. The rumors of Joe and I finally calmed when he was spotted more frequently with Camilla. Joe and Camilla never officially said they were dating but the paps pretty much knew it. Being part of the inside circle I knew the truth. Joe had told me they were. I didn't really like Camilla, but then again, I probably wouldn't like anyone who dated one of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment