Sunday, July 19, 2009

Chapter Eight: Party Time.

"Well? What is it? Tell me already!"

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!" Sierra screamed.

"Oh My Goodness! I knew it! Congrats."

Miley walked out of the back room.

"What's all this ruckus. Can't a girl read in peace?"

"Miles, this is my cousin Jesse and his girlfriend Sierra. Sierra, Jesse, this is my busmate and best friend, Miley."

"Nice to meet y'all."

"Um, Charlotte, can we talk in private." Jesse grabbed my arm and dragged me to the back room.

"What's that?" I pointed to a box in his hand.

"Your dad had this mailed to the house in case he got stuck in Texas. He wanted you to be able to give it to Nick."

What in the world?

I took the box and opened it. It was the jersey I'd asked for for Nick.

Jesse and Sierra stayed on tour with us for two weeks and Jesse even performed at a few of our concerts. Sierra helped me, Miley and Denise plan my sweet sixteen.

One Month Later

The tour was over and my sweet sixteen was in one month and I still had so much to do for it, and outside. Disney booked me as a guest of Wizards of Waverly Place the next week. I'd be playing a new girl who was also a wizard. The Wizards wardrobe stylist dressed me in a Hip Chick dress with Steve Madden flat leather boots. My hair was pulled back into a chignon at the nape of my neck.

"Charlotte." The producer came over and kissed my cheeks.

"Hello Mr. Doherty."

"James, please. I'd like you to go meet the other kids. They're all in the cafeteria. Go mingle."

I followed the signs to the cafeteria where I saw four people. Two guys, two girls. One of the girls noticed me and immediately got up and came towards me.

"Hi! I'm Selena."

"Charlotte, but everybody calls me Charlie."

The others came up behind Selena.

"Jennifer." Said the other girl.

"Jake." A boy younger than me was next.

"David." Finished the last.

Filming went amazing and I was asked to come back for a few episodes as Justin's love interest on the show.

That night I learned Disney was hosting a release party for a new show, Sonny With a Chance, starring Demi Lovato, a Disney newcomer.

The boys, Miley, Selena and I were going together. We were the Disney in crowd. There we met Demi and instantly clicked with her. We brought her under our wings and she seemed relieved to have made friends. At the party we met pretty much anyone who had anything to do with Disney.

Night of the Sweet Sixteen.

I spent the entire day at the spa with Miley, Demi and Selena. Then we went to the salon for hair and makeup. After that we went back to my house to get ready. I know wearing sneakers for my sweet sixteen may seem unconventional but that was me, and I loved it. When everyone was ready we got into our limo. The boys were all in tuxes. At the party it seemed like everyone I'd ever met was there. Lots of famous people were there including pretty much every Disney star. And of course Tate had secretly been flown out as a surprise. I had been dancing with Nick and Miley when my favorite song came on, Don't Take the Girl by Tim McGraw.

"Can I have this dance?" I turned to see Joe standing there, hand out.

"Of course."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms slid around my waist.

"You look amazing Charlie."

"Thanks Joe. You clean up nicely yourself."

"Now's the time."

"Huh?"

"Charlie, it's you, it's always been you."

"Me?"

He pulled away. "You don't feel the same, do you?"

"Joe, isn't it obvious that I do? I just wasn't expecting you to feel that way. Things like this never work out for me."

"How could I not. You're amazing."

At the end of the party Paul and Denise got on the microphone.

"Charlotte, we have a surprise for you outside."

I ran outside to find my dream car. There sat a black Range Rover with a red bow on top.

"Ohmygoodnessthankyousomuch." It came out as one word.

"You deserve it."

One week later I got my license and couldn't wait to finally drive my car.

"Joe, let's go for a drive."

"Alright." He came down the stairs in a tee and skinny jeans.

"Get a jacket, it's kinda windy." I siad grabbing my Northface from the front closet.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll know when we get there."


Dress and Shoes: http://l.yimg.com/k/im_siggN0yLdoSVQYZ8RE8MY6bLuQ---y626-x495-q75-n0/o mg/us/img/3e/c7/2629_4799918819.jpg
Cake: (I couldn't decide) http://www.cakecentral.com/files/thumbs/t_marina_s_sweet_16_challenge_ cake_150.jpg
http://neonlimelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mileybday2.jpg
Hair:(the third one) http://dressliketaylor.net/hairguides.php
Car:http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/shopping_tools/Build_Your_Landrover/ overview.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment