Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chapter Fourteen Pt. One!

"Wanna talk about it over a cup of coffee?"

"How do I know you're not some psycho. I mean, I don't even know your name."

"You'll just have to trust me, won't you? And my name is ...."
“Your name is what?” She was a little angered that he had paused for dramatic effect as if he was some sort of celebrity.
“Nicholas.”
“Is this that sign I asked for?” She looked to the sky. Just then a bolt of lightning struck. “I’ll take that as a yes,” she then looked to Nicholas, “and I’ll take you up on your offer.” She ran to the other side of the car and slid into the passenger seat. Then minutes later they pulled into the Starbucks parking lot. They ordered, Nicholas paid and they picked a table in the corner.
“So Charlotte, what’s your story?”
“How do you know my name?” She tensed up.
“Just because I’m not freaking out doesn’t mean I don’t know you're famous.”
“Oh right. I guess I’m just not used to people acting like this to me.”
“Like what?”
“The way they used to before the fame.”
“Well I’d like to get to know you for the real you, not the you that’s plastered on the cover of every magazine. If that’s okay with you. So tell me, who are you Charlotte?”
“Well my real name is Charlotte Skye Calderbrooke. I’m sixteen. I lived in New York until I was ten and then I moved to California with my parents. Jesse McCartney is my cousin. Both of my parents died almost two years ago. I live with the Jonas Brothers and their family and two of them like me.”
*beep*
“Yeah, what’s your deal?”
“Well, my name is Nicholas Gardova, I’m seventeen. California born and raised. My father is an actor and my mother’s only job is to spend my dad’s money. I’m having a really good time right now and I don’t think you’re beautiful, I think you’re beyond it.
This caused Charlotte to blush. She thought it was funny that he had just quote Drake. Nicholas was different from Nick and Joe. He had short dirty blonde hair. It was almost bronze. His skin was very tan but it was natural.
“Oh my God.”
“What’s wrong?”
“I have twenty-seven missed calls and thirty-two text messages. I didn’t even hear my phone. The boys are probably looking for me. I should go call one of them.”
Ring Ring
“Charlotte,” Kevin answered in a frantic voice, “where are you? Are you okay?”
“Kev, I’m fine. Calm down. I’m at the Starbucks on Melrose.”
“You are so lucky my parents are out of town with Tank or else you’d be so dead. I’m coming to get you. Stay there.”
“But Kevin….” The line went dead.
Kevin made it to the Starbucks in record time. His Jeep Commander splashed through huge puddles as he sped into the parking lot. He shut the car and got out, slamming the door. He had a look of rage on his face. He jogged to escape the rain. He’d brought Joe and Nick along. They walked slowly, letting the rain soak their hair. They were both very somber, neither looking up from the ground, neither saying a word. When Kevin entered Starbucks he scanned the room for Charlotte. When he spotted her he marched straight to the table.
“Who’s this?” Kevin pointed to Nicholas.
“This is Nicholas Gardova. I just met him.”
“Get up, we’re leaving.”
“You’re not my father Kevin.”
“Charlotte, you know I’m not trying to be. But you don’t know this guy. He could be some creep paparazzi in disguise.”
When Joe and Nick joined them it had actually been what saved Charlotte.
“AHMAHGAWD! THE JONAS BROTHERS!” A girl, probably around Charlotte’s age yelled. Her and her three friends ran up to them and started harassing them for pictures. Charlotte grabbed Nicholas’ hand and dragged him outside. They got into his car and got out of there. Once Kevin was able to get the fans away Charlotte’s phone immediately started ringing.
“Nicholas, pull over here, please.”
“Sure, yeah.”
“Kevin, before you start screaming I did this so we could talk rationally.”
“Charlie, please come back. We were all just really worried. We figured once the rain started you’d come home but you didn’t. Then you weren’t answering our calls or text messages. We thought something happened.”
“Well you overreacted. I’ll meet you at home.”
Nicholas drove Charlotte home and she apologized for the craziness.
“I had a good time. Call me sometime.” He slipped her a piece of paper with numbers scrawled on it.
Charlotte was a pimp, gettin digits. She laughed as she thought this to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment